April 4, 2014

a good first line

A good opening line is important. As a reader of ... 25? years, I know this. Which is why this has been sitting here empty now for a week or better. That killer first line has been eluding me. I mean, I needed something with pop, right?

Meh, I guess I just needed to start writing. Because if I kept waiting, nothing would ever get written. That killer opener isn't always written first. Maybe someday, a few weeks from now, it'll hit me and then I'll just pretend that this post doesn't exist. This is just filler, the babbling of someone running on too little sleep and too much caffeine. But for now, it is what it is. My opener. My introduction to blogging.

I hesitate to label this blog as anything in particular. Even before I wrote the first word, its purpose has changed several times. First I was just going to post snippets of whatever writing project I was working on at the time. Then I was going to share book reviews. Why not do both? But what about commentary?

For now this will just be my place to throw out there whatever random ramblings come to mind. Most book and writing related, yes. But not necessarily always. I wear many hats, and sometimes switching between them isn't an in-the-moment kind of thing. I make no promises about this being an exciting, or even remotely interesting, venture. I promise to try, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment